This quick and easy rib eye roast can help minimize the stress of holiday hosting.
Spice Crusted Rib Eye Roast
1 (6 lbs.) Whole Boneless Rib Eye Roast
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. Reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. freshly ground Black pepper
2 tsp. Cayenne pepper, (to taste)
4 Tbsp. Squeeze garlic, (or 4 cloves, minced)
1 Tbsp. dried Thyme
Kosher salt, to taste
2 cups Beef broth, plus more as needed
1. Preheat oven to 400˚. Remove rib eye roast from refrigerator and let rest 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine mustard, flour, soy sauce,
Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic, cayenne and thyme, to form a paste.
3. Put roast, seam-side down, in a large roasting pan. Season generously with
kosher salt and then rub all over with the paste. Carefully pour beef broth around (not over) the roast.
4. Place roasting pan in oven and cook for 30 min.
5. Carefully remove pan from oven and reduce heat to 350˚.
6. Tent very loosely with foil, draping it just enough to protect the crust
from burning. If wrapped too tightly, the foil will steam the roast and make it tough.
7. Return roast to oven. Cook until instant-read thermometer placed in the center of the meat registers 115˚, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, adding more beef broth if needed. (It may evaporate.)
8. Transfer beef to a warm platter and loosely tent with foil; reserve pan juices for serving.
9. Rest roast until its internal temperature reaches 130˚ (medium-rare), about
25 min. NOTE: Do not cut into the beef to see if it is done — you will lose valuable juices.
10. Strain reserved pan juices into a small saucepan. Reheat over medium heat, then pour into a gravy boat.
11. Carve the roast with a sharp knife; serve immediately with the pan juices.
Behind the scenes on set w/ @bjswholesale #NewYears resolutions start today #LikeYouMeanIt #ItTakesAVillage
Happy #Friday! Only 3 days left in the #NapoliChallenge and a chance to win a killer knife set 🗡
Comment below with your ideas!
#repost @lynxgrills ------------------
With the #NapoliOven, you can cook just about anything! To prove it, we’re launching the #NapoliChallenge with @gcooks22. 🔥
Here’s how to participate:
1. Comment on @gcooks22’s post (link in our profile) with a unique food you'd like him to cook using the Napoli Oven.
2. Make sure to use the #NapoliChallenge hashtag.
Winner will receive BOTH a custom recipe from AND a beautiful, FREE Lynx Knife Set including six five-inch steakhouse knives with a beautiful wooden case (valued at $150). Limit one entry per person. Entries close 12/11/2017 at 12PM PST. Winner announced on @gcooks22 Instagram profile 12/12/17 by 12PM PST.
G|Cooks’ #craftcocktails include #leanprotein and #heat 🔥Turkey and Black-bean Chili 🌶 Eat...#LikeYouMeanIt
Post-Workout Potato Perfection:
Potato and Black Bean Soup
This #hearty & satisfying post-workout #meal is packed with #protein, #carbohydrate, anti-inflammatory and #antioxidant ingredients. #Prep it ahead of time for convenient access to the #nutrients your body needs to recover. 💪
. 🥔@potatogoodness Recipe Link in Bio!🥔